Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Color of the Year: TIGI Perfect Eyeliner in Green

I don't know about you, but I'd always associated TIGI with haircare and subsequently felt a bit snobbish towards their make-up line (gotcha! I'm sure many of you have never even heard about their cosmetics!). However, when an opportunity - meaning, another company incentive - presented itself, I decided to try their Perfect Eyeliner in Green ($18 for 0.04 oz/1.2 g).
'Stay put, easy glide, dual purpose eyeliner. Apply along waterline for defined eyes, create sharp lines or use smudgie tip to soften edges' (from TIGI Cosmetics website). The Perfect Eyeliner is a simple liner pencil that doesn't wind up with a rubbery sponge at the end for blending. The only problem I have with packaging design is that the pencil is slightly larger than most and so requires a special sharpener; preferrably, a TIGI one for another $6.
The shade Green (isn't it refreshing to find a brand with such unpretentious names...?) is a deep richly pigmented emerald green with a touch of teal. Green has a subtle sheen to its finish but no visible shimmer. What I like most about this eyeliner is not so much the color, but the creamy feel and an absolutely fantastic staying power - after it sets, this baby will not budge until you wash it off with some waterproof make-up remover or a cleansing oil. There's no transfer, no smudging, no flaking off; it simply applies and wears beautifully.

Compared to the other two green pencil eyeliners in my collection, TIGI Green (left in the photo below) is much more blue-toned than the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Mildew (middle), a deep olive green. NYX Slide On in Esmeralda (right) is brighter and more grassy green. As you can see in the swatch, these three shades of green are simply nothing alike!
Although I enjoy the fun vibrancy of NYX Esmeralda, I have to admit that Green is much easier to wear and more on trend this year; I don't really own anything closer to Pantone Emerald than this liner, and using a colored eyeliner is a simple way of incorporating this shade into my eye make-up. In the photo below, I've decided to pair it with a light golden eyeshadow on the inner part of the eye, Inglot eyeshadow no. 414 to set the liner and no. 337 to blend out the crease for a more diffused but colorful look. Cheeks are NYX Powder Blush in Mauve and lips are Maybelline Color Sensational in Warm Me Up.
 Have you ever tried any make-up from TIGI? What are your favorite green eyeliner shades?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, TIGI making makeup? Now that's news! Glad to hear the formula works so beautifully! I have UD Stash, Mildew, and PIXI Sage Gold for green eyeliners, and I love them all! One of my favorite shades to use on my lower lash line. LOOOOVE the look you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! This shade looks so pretty on you! I remember a salon here carried TIGI makeup, but they don't anymore.

    ReplyDelete