Wednesday, July 10, 2013

OPI Nail Polish Haul

I've mentioned before in my Zoya polish haul that I should be getting even more nail pretties very soon as a result of an OPI nail polish incentive my company was running at the time. So... guess what? I have a lot of new OPI lacquers to show you!
So far, I've already worn a couple of these and was rather happy with the application and wear. I tried to go for shades I enjoy but that had been previously missing from my collection; hence a lot of light and medium pinks, which I actually wear quite rarely for fear of being too girly ;)
By the way, I'm thinking of starting a new monthly feature to showcase the polishes I'm trying out and my feeble attempts at nail art; does that sound interesting? If not... well, just skip that nail polish swatchathon at the end of each month!
Starting with the lightest shades, left to right:
Up Front & Personal (permanent collection): a semi-sheer light gold mettalic foil, can be worn on its own or used as a shimmer top coat for another shade
The Lights of Emerald City (Oz The Great and Powerful): a mix of white glitter squares and small opalescent glitters in a transparent base, beautiful over the top of...
Don't Burst My Bubble (Oz The Great and Powerful): a sheer nearly white pink cream, levels well on the nail and gives a lovely milky effect
I Theodora You (Oz The Great and Powerful): a sheer light neutral pink, same formulation as Don't Burst My Bubble - meaning, very good.
Charged Up Cherry (permanent collection): a pigmented vibrant hot coral red, a tad too thick but the color is gorgeous on the nail
Princesses Rule! (permanent collection): a semi-sheer medium neutral pink foil, same formulation as Up Front & Personal. These two polishes have the most amazing shimmery finish - not for anyone who fears sparkles!
Feeling Hot-Hot-Hot (permanent collection): a pigmented bright coral pink, a touch lighter and more pink than Charged Up Cherry... but you don't really need both.
Pamplona Purple (permanent collection): a medium warm purple cream, opaque in two coats
Polka.com (Euro Centrale, now permanent): a mix of turquoise, fuschia and purple glitters in a sheer base, beautiful on top of darker cool colors
You're Such a Budapest (Euro Centrale, now permanent): a unique pastel periwinkle lilac with tiny silver shimmers; the finish on the nail looks more like a cream but with some dimension.

Also, I failed at this bloggy photo shoot... I forgot to include one more OPI polish I got, a blue Liquid Sand called Tiffany Case from the Bonds Girls collection, now permanent as well. But, I promise to swatch it soon for you! Have you gotten any new polishes recently? What are your favorite OPI shades?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rocaille. I love OPI nail products. I've just purchase the Disney Couture De Minnie collection. www.carlysbeautyworld.blogspot.co.uk Check out my review. I'm now following you on Bloglovin. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Minnie shades are beautiful, especially Nothing Mousy About It! Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  2. I love OPI - my favourite nail polish brand! They are really expensive here in Australia though, at $20 a bottle. I love GoldenEye from the James Bond Skyfall collection, that's such an amazing, blindingly shimmery gold. Lights of Emerald City is gorgeous especially against a pale pink base, but it's so difficult to work with because it bubbles like crazy!

    ReplyDelete