Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Lavender Lemmings: Clinique Cheek Pop in Pansy Pop

I had been lemming a lavender-hued blush for most of 2015, and in December, armed with Sephora's $20 off card, I finally bit the bullet and purchased Clinique's Cheek Pop Blush in Pansy Pop ($22 for 0.12 oz). I actually previously owned one more shade, Pink Pop, but upon swatching it next to my other cool pink blushes, I decided to return it; I had nothing like Pansy Pop though.
I just came back from my Holiday break in Poland a couple days ago and maybe that's why I'm lacking my usual wordiness, but I don't really have all that much to say about this blush (although I have plenty of photos!). Is it the cutest little blush design, like EVAR? Yes. Is the formula as good as everyone says? Yes. Is Pansy Pop both unique and wearable? Yes yes yes.

I guess this is what sometimes happen when we cave in and acquire the object of our desire after months of visualizing its perfection - I'm just completely lacking any enthusiasm over this blush right now, even though it really is a great product, especially if you happen to have a cool-toned fair complexion like me. I really like it, but words are hard :(

If you're considering this somewhat unusual lavender shade, I've included a swatch comparison with two of the most cool-toned pinks in my stash, La Femme Flamingo Pink and NYX Pinky. Against these two, Clinique Pansy Pop is still the most purple, but the least pigmented. In terms of texture and finish, hopefully you can see in my arm swatch that Clinique's Cheek Pop looks the most flattering and naturally glowy on the skin; La Femme is completely matte, NYX is dusty with random flecks of silver shimmer. After taking this photo, I've decided to let go of NYX Pinky; I used to love it when I first started experimenting with blushes, but after a couple years of trying different formulas and brands, I now definitely have others I love more.
L-R: Clinique Pansy Pop, La Femme Flamingo Pink, NYX Pinky
Again, I'm sorry if my cheek swatch isn't terribly helpful - with the weak winter daylight and our north-facing windows, taking accurate and well-lit photos has been a touch challenging lately. In person, Pansy Pop looks very natural on my pale skin, but I have to be a bit more careful about lip product choices; I'm wearing just a baby pink gloss in the photo and I think the combination is making me look a bit washed out. I swapped it out for a medium pink lipstick later on in the day and thought it paired much better with this blush.
Have you tried any of the Clinique Cheek Pops? What are your thoughts? I hope you all had a relaxing holiday and I'm wishing you all the best for 2016 :) Thank you for your patience in my slow approving and answering of comments while I was gone. Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. It is a great and cute everyday colour for you! To me it would be too pinkish. I love darker, greyish lavender blush but these are really rare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh. I love a bit of this "chilly" cool pink! It looks lovely on you. On me, it has to have just a touch of peach to work and you are right, the lipstick will make/break the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really like these cheek pops. They're not powdery, and go on the cheeks beautifully. We don't carry Pansy Pop here, unfortunately. It looks gorgeous on you Monika. It reminds me of Burberry Peony, but probably Pansy is cooler :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely colour. Its a shame we don't have all shades in Europe available.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww....love it! I love the color for its light and natural on skin. A must try indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of the cheek pop formula yes! Though this isn't a shade I'd spontaneously reach for probably. That said, it looks really pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shade! I haven't ventured into purple blushes yet. I may need to soon. (: I really enjoy their Ginger Pop blush.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those blushes! That shade looks great on you

    ReplyDelete